Your wisdom tooth will need to be extracted to correct problems or prevent future problems. Malpositioned wisdom teeth can cause a variety of problems, including infection, pain, and difficulty chewing. So, you need a wisdom tooth extraction surgery that is Medisave claimable, quick, safe, and affordable. wisdom tooth extraction singapore is a surgical procedure that removes one or more wisdom teeth, which are the four permanent adult teeth located at the top and bottom back corners of your mouth.
If a wisdom tooth does not have enough room to grow, it starts causing pain, infection, or other dental problems, it will most likely need to be extracted. A dentist or an oral surgeon can perform wisdom tooth extraction professionally Even if impacted teeth aren’t currently causing problems, some dentists and oral surgeons recommend wisdom tooth extraction to avoid potential future problems.
Many have impacted wisdom teeth, which are teeth that do not have enough room to erupt or develop normally. Wisdom teeth that have become impacted may erupt only partially or not at all.
An impacted wisdom tooth can cause:
- It grows in the direction of the next tooth at an angle.
- Grow at a 45-degree angle toward the back of the mouth.
- Wisdom teeth grow at a right angle to the other teeth as if they are “lying down” within the jawbone.
- Like other teeth, they grow straight up and down but remain trapped within the jawbone.
Problems with impacted wisdom teeth?
- Your impacted wisdom tooth will almost certainly need to be extracted if it causes problems such as:
- Trapped food and debris behind the wisdom tooth cause pain
- Gum disease or infection
- A fluid-filled sac (cyst) forms around the wisdom tooth
- Complications with other teeth straightening orthodontic treatments
Preparation for your wisdom teeth extraction Surgery?
The procedure may be performed in the office by your dentist. However, if your tooth is severely impacted or the extraction requires a complex surgical procedure, your dentist may refer you to an oral surgeon. Your surgeon may recommend sedation in addition to numbing the area with a local anesthetic to make you more comfortable during the procedure.
Wisdom Tooth Extraction: Dos and Don’ts
- Take it easy for a few days.
- Raise your head. This will help to reduce swelling.
- For the first 24-48 hours after the extraction, apply an ice pack. Icing will relieve your pain and reduce swelling.
- Use your cotton gauze, and take a bite.
- Maintain cleanliness.