The physio questions below will help you.
Physiotherapy treats physical ailments without drugs or surgery. Physiotherapy restores function. Physios treat clients in hospital cardiothoracic, orthopaedic, and medical wards, paediatrics or women’s health clinics, neuro rehab institutes, on the sports field, or in private practice.
Physiotherapists are AHPRA-registered after four years of study. At Elevate, our physios are biomechanics experts who can help with stiffness, pain, and weakness. Therapies include:
- Deep massage
- Deep tissue and trigger-point release
- Prescribed workouts
- TENS, ultrasound use
- Strengthening and clinical pilates
- Analyzing and changing posture
- Education about making your condition worse
- Orthotics and gait analysis
Elevate physios treat what?
- Whiplash, neck ache
- Backache, sciatica
- BPPV, vertigo, headaches
- Shoulder ache, tennis elbow, CTS
- Injury, pain
- Hamstrings tight
- pelvic tilt
- Pre- and post-op strengthening
- Sporting accidents
Physiotherapy can help with:
- You have chronic pain.
- You’ve tried different treatments, yet pain, stiffness, etc. persist.
- You seek an expert opinion on a worry
- You’re hurt (fell, slide, sports injury, etc.).
- You want an injury assessment after an automobile accident.
- Your doctor prescribed physiotherapy.
- You recently healed from a fracture but still have weakness.
- Your pain is overwhelming
- We’ve all Googled our problems without success.
- You want an ultrasound, MRI, XR, etc. referral.
- You wish to maximize your lifestyle, e.g., return to golf.
- Do I need a doctor’s reference for physiotherapy?
Seeing a physiotherapist doesn’t require a doctor’s referral. Physiotherapists are primary healthcare practitioners, so you can book an appointment without a doctor’s referral.
Why see a physiotherapist?
A physiotherapist can help with three therapy stages.
You need immediate assistance for acute pain, including a flare-up or injury. Elevate physios will lessen your pain and suffering. Your physio will use manual, hands-on approaches and moderate exercises throughout this period.
Only treating symptoms will yield short-term results. Balwyn physio target underlying issues creating symptoms, empowering and educating you in your condition’s care. During this step, your physiotherapist will provide you an exercise program that targets your issue. Strengthening, stretching, balancing, proprioception, weightlifting technique correction, postural exercises, etc.
Our physios may propose lifestyle or ergonomic modifications at home or work to prevent re-injury. When your body is supported, injuries and wear and tear are reduced. During this stage of treatment, your physiotherapist will move you into Wellness. Here, you’ll work on improving your global strength and maintaining good posture and health so your body can thrive moving ahead.
Physiotherapy for kids?
“Kids bounce back!
It may appear that a child has “bounced back” from an accident, but the body adapts and compensates to retain function. At Elevate, our physios will verify your child isn’t compensating for a weak muscle and that the injury is healed, aligned, and operating properly.